Happy Tuesday. Last week I mentioned that I would be posting a tutorial for the post-it note holders with directions for the Ultimate from Crafters Companion. Today I aim to please. I've added a companion card that uses the sketch from our design team challenge. Don't forget to check back tomorrow for our challengers and their sketch challenge. Meanwhile...back at the cave...This post-it note holder is very simple and makes a wonderful little treat for somebody special (or you can be like me and keep it all to yourself). I've used the Sm Trailing Butterflies to adorn these wonderful treats. Enjoy!
What you'll need...
*Sheet of paper 8 1/2" x 3 1/2"
*Ribbon approx. 12"
*Velcro or ribbon to close
*Embellishments to finish it off
On the inside of your Ultimate is the box making section...all scores will be using the box top.
4. Using any line, score a line from the tic mark to the outside corner of the next score line...do this for both tic marks.
5. Trim each corner section to make the front flap of your holder. This would be the time to add a punched border or decorative edge to the front flap.
6. Add adhesive to the 1/2" section just under the front flap.
8. Stamp and Embellish your holder
9. To add the post-it notes, add adhesive to the back of your notes and stick to the inside of your holder.
1o. Use velcro or ribbon to hold shut.
The card and holder make a nice combo...don't you think? The brand new adhesive, Scrap Happy, is great for attaching those tiny butterfly bodies to the front of the card. Another great trick with Scrap Happy is that it's still tacky when it dries...this means making your own adhesive dots. They work great for ribbon and buttons and any other fun tiny embellishment that may need a little dot. Just drop little dots on wax paper or parchment paper and wait for them to dry. I store mine with a sheet of parchment over them as well...that way they don't collect those pesky dog hairs lying around my work room. I hope you enjoyed this tutorial. Thanks for stopping by...don't forget to leave a comment or any questions you may have.