This week The Rubber Café design team is showing off their mad home décor skills! Hopefully you’ll be inspired to make your own decorations too.
I’ve been wanting to make a wreath for a long time so I decided our front entry needed a little bit more pizzazz so here is what I came up with.
A little Trick-or-Treat fun to get us in the mood to hand out some candy!
Here’s how I made this tissue paper wreath.
1. Stamp the I-986 Roaring 20’s Placard with Distress Ink Old Paper on to two sheets of white tissue paper. Then over-stamp using the small bat from the CL-002 Pumpkin Face Mix-n-Match set using Memento Tuxedo Black and cut into 3 x 3 inch squares.
2. Cut two concentric circles from your chipboard. The largest circle should be approximately 10 inches in diameter.
3. Crumple the tissue paper before pushing the center in to form a pocket. Place some hot glue on the bottom and adhere to the wreath form.
4. Next curl some black wire, thread some beautiful beads onto it and adhere to wreath. Don’t the little bats look adorable peaking out of the paper?
5. Finally stamp the Trick or Treat from the CL-002 Trick or Treat set using Memento Tuxedo Black and back with black cardstock. Embellish with 121007 Crystal Jellie Dots and adhere to project using TRC0010 Scrap Happy Glue.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my tutorial today. I really a lot of fun making this wreath and it didn’t take me long at all.
CL-002 Trick or Treat set by The Rubber Cafe
CL-002 Pumpkin Face Mix-n-Match by The Rubber Cafe
I-986 Roaring 20’s Placard by The Rubber Cafe
Cardboard from back of paper pack
Memento Tuxedo Black ink by Tsukineko
Distress Ink Old Paper
121007 Crystal Jellie Dots
TRC0010 Scrap Happy Glue
So here is your challenge and a chance for a gift certificate worth $20 to The Rubber Café!
We would also like to congratulate the winner of last week’s challenge!
You are the winner. Please contact us at email@example.com so that we can send you a $20 gift certificate to the store!
Congrats and have a great holiday everybody!