Monday, October 31, 2011
Sunday, October 30, 2011
This week's challenge at The Rubber Cafe is to make a home decor item...and I was inspired by the Leaf Swirls image and Tesa's challenge card this week.
I found this kraft box that has been in my stash for a bit. I did some black embossing on kraft cardstock and then fussy cut the leaves and glued them to some black glossy linen cardstock.
I wrapped some coordinating ribbon around the box, as well as some twine which I threaded through a vintage button. I finished the top of my box off with some Prima flowers and a brown Candi center.
We hope you can join in the challenge....Melissa always gives a nice prize for a random participant!
Maybe this is your week to win!
Friday, October 28, 2011
H-917 You Need To Dust, D-488 You Shake My Bones and CL-002 Trick or Treat. I stamped the images randomly around my white card stock, then using my Copic Markers, I air brushed a grey tint around the frame, to make it look spooky.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
I’ve been wanting to make a wreath for a long time so I decided our front entry needed a little bit more pizzazz so here is what I came up with.
A little Trick-or-Treat fun to get us in the mood to hand out some candy!
Here’s how I made this tissue paper wreath.
1. Stamp the I-986 Roaring 20’s Placard with Distress Ink Old Paper on to two sheets of white tissue paper. Then over-stamp using the small bat from the CL-002 Pumpkin Face Mix-n-Match set using Memento Tuxedo Black and cut into 3 x 3 inch squares.
2. Cut two concentric circles from your chipboard. The largest circle should be approximately 10 inches in diameter.
3. Crumple the tissue paper before pushing the center in to form a pocket. Place some hot glue on the bottom and adhere to the wreath form.
4. Next curl some black wire, thread some beautiful beads onto it and adhere to wreath. Don’t the little bats look adorable peaking out of the paper?
5. Finally stamp the Trick or Treat from the CL-002 Trick or Treat set using Memento Tuxedo Black and back with black cardstock. Embellish with 121007 Crystal Jellie Dots and adhere to project using TRC0010 Scrap Happy Glue.
I hope you’ve enjoyed my tutorial today. I really a lot of fun making this wreath and it didn’t take me long at all.
CL-002 Trick or Treat set by The Rubber Cafe
CL-002 Pumpkin Face Mix-n-Match by The Rubber Cafe
I-986 Roaring 20’s Placard by The Rubber Cafe
Cardboard from back of paper pack
Memento Tuxedo Black ink by Tsukineko
Distress Ink Old Paper
121007 Crystal Jellie Dots
TRC0010 Scrap Happy Glue
So here is your challenge and a chance for a gift certificate worth $20 to The Rubber Café!
We would also like to congratulate the winner of last week’s challenge!
You are the winner. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can send you a $20 gift certificate to the store!
Congrats and have a great holiday everybody!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
I love Fall cards. I don’t know if it’s the colors or simply the fact that Autumn is the ultimate season for crafting where I live. It’s cold and wet outside, so sitting in a warm and cozy craft room with a hot cup of tea and some niiiiice stamps is such a treat! :)
Here is my card. Lot’s of Kraft and black but the flower ads some pink.
The colors come out pretty strange but here is a better one from another angle.
I worked with some dimension. The tag is stamped with the beautiful Yellow Foxtail stamp. LOVE this one! And it’s buddy Green Foxtail which I used for the inside. The leafs are from the Leaf Set 2 and I fuzzy cut them and popped them on 3D foam. The sentiment is from the Fabulous Phrases set.
Thanks for stopping by!
Sunday, October 23, 2011
I used two sets of Nestibilities Labels Four Dies; the Small as well as the smallest of the Grand Labels Four set. These are a dream to run through the Spellbinders Grand Calibur, you can do several dies with one pass!
Papers are Prima's Madeline collection. I distressed the script paper with Tim Holtz's Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and the Lil Inkerz.
I used twine and a touch of sanding and faux stitching to embellish my card.
Be sure to pop by The Rubber Cafe Blog this week to see the design team's elegant fall projects and check out the challenge details and prizes...you won't want to miss it!
Saturday, October 22, 2011
I had a lot of fun creating this card for this week’s challenge. Did you know you could win a $20 GC to The Rubber Café? It’s really easy. Simply visit this post to find out all the details.
When you sit down to make a card there is nothing like being able to diecut your pieces quickly so you can start playing with glue! Well Spellbinders™ makes it so very easy with their Grand Calibur™ machine.
1. Cut card base to 5 1/2 x 11” and card facing at 5 1/4 x 5 1/4. Fold card base in half lengthwise.
2. Pierce card facing with a stick pin at even intervals along each side and adhere to card base using TRC0010 Scrap Happy Glue.
4. Stamp Thinking of You sentiment from J-1095 Fabulous Phrases set in Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Snip right side of Fancy Tag off before adhering Want2Scrap Baby Bling Pearls to label and 121007 Jellie Dots Silver with Stick “Em” Up tool to center of lace flower.
5. Assemble card using embellishments of your choice.
| || || |
| || || |
| || |
I hope you’ve enjoyed my tutorial and project today. Can’t wait to see what you come up with for this week’s challenge!