Irit is here again and this time I am going to show you how a regular flat stamp can be transformed into a 3d object and even filled with some goodies inside.
When I first saw this Antique Trunk stamp from The Rubber Cafe, I knew I wanted to fill it full full of treasures so this what I did.
1. I used a regular cream color pre-made tag for the chest stamping with brown Truffle ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
2. Then I added some more stamped images from the Vintage Treasures set- the butterfly, script, wings, and clock etc using different inks with clear heat embossing.
3. Next I stained the tag with Tim Holtz Tattered Rose and Broken China distress stains and inked it around with the same blue ink.
4. I added some Really Reasonable Ribbon lace using TRC the One and Only Tape and another thin black ribbon.
5. Then I stamped the chest again over another tag, heat embossed and cut the rectangle from the inside. The cut out image was glued with 3d foam glue so now I had an opening to fill with some "goodies." I used TRC Scrap Happy glue and just filled the rectangle with a lot of goodies. Then I dropped some beads, chains, pearls and whatever I found and looked like small treasures.
6. Finally I covered it with some Glossy Accents to insure they stayed in place. Now let it dry overnight.
The basic card and the second layer are some of my old Creative Imaginations papers all inked along the edges with a with a stamped tag added. The sentiment spot was die cut with Spellbinders ovals along with some more pleated lace. I used the One and Only Tape to adhere the pleats. I also dropped a bit of Glossy Accents over the sticker letters for added dimension.
And here is the finished card:
And a side view too
I really love the filled chest look and I have other thoughts about using the same stamp on some other altered projects or scrapbooking pages.
Hope you like this card too.
See you in a few days with more of my projects.
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe Antique Trunk, Vintage Treasures
Inks: Donna Salazar Mixed Media Ink, Truffle, Pink Cheeks, Tahiti Blue- Quick Quotes; Tim Holtz Distress stains- Tattered Rose, Broken China
Paper: Creative Imaginations Wild Spirit Collection, Bazill Kraft cardstock
Die: Spellbinders Nested Ovals
Embossing powders: Ranger Clear Fine
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe Scrap Happy Glue One and Only Tape, Ranger Glossy Accents
Embellishments: Tag by Ranger, Beads, Chains, Charms, Pink and Black trim, MLS-Tiny Type Pink letters, Really Reasonable Ribbon Ivory Sheer Lace