Hey there, it's the weekend again, and to celebrate, I have a new release to share with you!
Here's a few ideas I came up with as I played around with techniques and colors for these beautiful roses. I don't know about you, but sometimes coloring things that look so close to nature, is a challenge, but after many takes, I found a couple I could live with and ulitmately share with you!
Using my favorite easel card base I made my first card by first using Antique Linen, Aged Mahogony and Vintage Photo Distress Inks and with a sponge I applied it in a free circular motion directly to my Very Vanilla Cardstock. Once I was finished with the distress ink, I stamped the larger rose from the Rose Garden set with Memento Rich Cocoa directly over the distress inks and fussy cut it out so I could pop it up on dimensional adhesives over another colored rose. After I cut it out I distressed the edges more to give my finished rose even more depth.
I stamped the Rose Garden sentiment directly over the Rose pattern of the paper - and added my fun Jolee's resin flower for some additional color.
Directly above that using my Scrap Happy Glue I attached my pleated Grosgrain Ribbon
I just love this ribbon, and only wish I had it more colors!!
To frame it out, instead of matting behind my rose, I used the reverse matting technique by building my layers, from bottom to top! I used both my large and small plain Spellbinder circle Nestabilities set to get the 1/8" variation. First I cut the smallest from Very Vanilla cardstock, next came my Brown Bazzill, and finally my printed paper by Prima
I used one of the Friend's sentiments 'Joy is a Flower' for my banner on top and finished it off with brass eyelets and a brass butterfly from my stash
Lastly I tied some twisted grosgrain ribbon around the bottom- I think this was from Basic Grey...
Next up I have another gorgeous rose I stamped directly over printed paper and inked again with Aged Mahogony distress ink(love this color) and Black Soot.
This is a larger rose complete with leaves from the Wild Rose set.
I stamped several layers so I could cut and layer this rose in pieces, and I just love how it turned out!
Each layer is popped with dimensional pop-dots, and applied directly to my denim pocket.
To create my pocket I used the Spellbinder Badge Nestabilities die, and by adding the straight top and sides I was able to get just the look I was going for.
I used the die itself to guide me while I made stitch lines with my White gel pen.
A couple of eyelets just finished my pocket perfectly. The sweet little label are stickers from Cosmo Cricket, and it's ready for you to tuck anything you wish inside - a Gift card, or party invitation as I did here.
That's it, since I wanted the focus to be on my beautiful rose,
I decided to not add any more ribbon or other embellishments.
My background paper is the same paper I stamped my rose on.
I think it's some DP Paper I've been hoarding from Stampin'UP!
The Denim paper is new from Simple Stories 'Bright Sides' 6x6 paper pad.
Enjoy your weekend, and be sure to take time to 'stop and smell the roses '!
Paper: Simple Stories: Bright side, Stampin'UP! -Very Vanilla cardstock and DP patterned paper, Bazzill brown cardstock
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Ranger Distress Inks, Aged Mahogony, Antique Linen, Vintage photo and Black Soot.
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe' - Scrap Happy Glue , dimensional pop dots
Embellishments; Brass eyelets, butterfly, and Jolee's resin flower, misc ribbons and pleated grossgrain trim
Tools: EK Success -decorative corner punch, Crop-'o-dile, Spellbinders Nestabilities dies - Large and small plain circle and Badge, white Signo gel pen