Here is a tutorial on how I put together my mini canvas!
1. My initial thought was to color in the Framed Heart stamp with Copic markers. But I really wanted to try something different - so I decided to go with watercolor pencils!
2. I stamped the Framed Heart stamp on water color paper with brown archival ink.
3. I colored in the Framed Heart stamp with water color pencils from Close to My Heart in earthy tones - Olive, Autumn Terracotta, and Desert Sand.
4. I used a small paint brush to wet the paper and blend the colors.
5. I added some texture by heat embossing Shabby White Embossing Enamel on the heart.
6. Next I created a frame from grunge board which I colored with various Tattered Angels inks.
7. I covered the canvas with Faber-Castell Gelatos.
8. Once your canvas is dry, spray more Tattered Angels ink on the canvas.
Here is a close up of the finished canvas!
Thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe'- Framed Heart
Paper: Water Color Paper
Inks: The Rubber Cafe' - Faber-Castell Gelatos; brown Archival Ink; CTMH Watercolor Pencils; Tattered Angels Spray Ink; Shabby White Embossing EnamelAdhesive: The Rubber Cafe' Scrap Happy Glue
Embellishments: Lovebug Creations Rumpled Ribbon
Other: Canvas; Tim Holtz Grunge Board; Eye Screws