Mary-Ann here with you again to share a quick card you can share with someone not feeling so well, sad, or under the weather. It would be really cute attached to a care basket full of cookies and tea! If you need my address to send one to me, private message me:o)
I started with gathering the supplies I thought I would most likely use, which never ends of being exact!
The dimension of my card is 5x5. I cut the yellow embossed paper - 5x10 then scored and folded in half. The yellow stripped paper is exactly 5x5, I did not want any of the cardstock to show on the front of my card. I completed the complete front of my card, wrapped it in ribbon before attaching to the card base.
To get started, I wanted to alter the wooded tags included in the kit. I wanted it to better resemble a tea bag tag, so, I cut it down with my paper trimmer and snapped it in half. I did sand the edges lightly with sand paper to get rid of the little splinters.
I then cut, layered and sewed my papers together. I took my finger and curled up the edges of all papers to create dimension.
When it came time to add my ribbon, I wanted it to be a little thicker. So, I changed the setting on my sewing machine and zig-zag sewed my ribbon together. If you are going to do this trick, be sure to feed it through enough on the back side to grab ahold of it. If not, the ribbon is so thin and silky, it will get grabbed by the teeth and taken deep down in to your sewing machine guts! Trust me!
See the zig zag? I tied this around my card front and tied a big bow. It may be too large for some of you out there, make yours smaller! My tag is slid through the ribbon before tying and attached with a tiny glue dot to keep the corner in place. I did heat emboss the tea cup stamp on the tag and heat embossed the large tea kettle with silver. To be honest with you. When I started to do the tag, I wanted to stamp it with black and just color it, but the wood sucked in my ink and bled too much. So, I re-stamped over that with Versa-mark and used silver embossing powder to cover my mistake. I did trace it with a thin black marker when it was done.
This card would be pretty designed with any of the patterned paper included in the kit.
So, here is my confession. This may be totally illegal but I have done the unthinkable. I have cut one of my stamps. Yes. It is true. I wanted the "PERK UP" to be separate from my "TEA." So, carefully with stamp cutting scissors, I did the unthinkable. This made it easier to stamp my images clearly and I was able to use an ink pad instead of coloring with a marker. Plus I use the Tea, embossed on another project you will see later this month.
I hope I have inspired you today and look forward to sharing with you again next week.
Embellishments: Ribbon, chipboard and wooden tag all found in your kit.