Today I have a card with a secret....it's also a gift card holder!
Here is a picture with the gift card tag pulled out:
This card starts with a 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" base of cream cardstock.
Next cut a 4 1/2" by 5 1/4" piece of patterned paper (I used the blue) and score it at 1" lengthwise:
Adhere the 1" folded strip to the INSIDE of the front of your card....and the other 3 1/2" will wrap around to the front:
To create the pocket, start with a decorative border strip for the left front of the card, I used a 1" by 5 1/4" piece of blue dot cardstock and I added a strip of the green lacy border trimmed from the patterned paper to dress it up. Then being careful to put Scrap Happy Glue ONLY on the SIDES of the piece you are wrapping to the front of the card not along the top edge, like you see below.
To complete the front of the card:
1. A 3 1/2" square of yellow striped paper with 1/2" strips of green cardstock glued to peek out underneath.
2. The teacups stamped in Rich Cocoa Memento Ink on cream cardstock, and colored in using Copic Markers Y17, YG11, YG67, BG15, BG49, C3. The image was trimmed to a 2&1/2 by 2" size, distressed around the edge using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and matted using blue dot cardstock cut with a Spellbinders die.
3. The tag is a wooden tag from the set, covered in green cardstock (traced and cut to fit) and the sentiment embossed using the coffee scented embossing powder from the kit. A few scraps of the blue and yellow pattern paper I had left over dress up the tag, with a few rhinestones, and the banner with the spoons stamped from the kit.
4. All base pieces were adhered together, then the green seam binding ribbon tied around and that adhered to the card. Then the wooden tag was adhered on top using Scrap Happy Glue.
5. The insert that holds the gift card is a 4"by 2 1/2" piece of blue dot cardstock....and I added a couple of strips of the patterned paper to dress it up. The green lacy edge is adhered first and hangs over just 1/8" from the edge of the blue dot, and the yellow strip piece is 2 1/2" by 1/4" adhered right on top.
Here's a close up of the pocket
So who do you know that should get a little gift card love? This card design is a fun way to sneak a little gift into a simple hello card!
Thanks for stoppin' by the cafe' today!
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe'- Creative Cafe' Kit: Tea for Two
Paper: The Rubber Cafe'- Creative Cafe' Kit: Tea for Two
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa; Vintage Photo Distress Ink; Copic Markers-Y17, YG11,YG67, BG15, BG49, C3
Adhesive: The Rubber Cafe'-Scrap Happy Glue
Coffee Scented embossing powder; Bazzill gems, Green and Blue Seam binding ribbon, wooden tag, all from your kit
Tools: Spellbinders die set: Big Scalloped Rectangles