Hope you're all getting in sometime to do what you want to do today- as we surround ourselves with family and friends let's also remember those men and women who have died in the service of their country.
An added piece of trivia! Did you know that Memorial Day has also been known as 'Decoration' Day? So how appropriate is it that I share a card today that features a decorated cake!
- The Card base is cut from the shimmery pink cardstock- 4 1/4 x 11
- Using my Score-Pal, I scored a horizontal line at 6 1/2 "
- As in my diagram below - see from that mark down to an 1" from the edge cut 3/4" in from each side.
- From the bottom edge; score up 1" for only a 3/4" (in to match cut line) flip repeat on the other side
- From that score mark go up another 1" now on the 3/4" cut section and score again on both sides.
- Back up to the 6 1/2" score line score down 1" this time only on the section inside the cut edges.
- With your cut and score lines finished - Peak fold at the 6 1/2" line and center 7 1/2" line.
- Valley fold on each side creating a base for the card to stand upright- focusing a 3 3/4" center and the sides stepping backing.
Use the picture below to help you get your base set.
Start decorating your card and cake!
Cut pieces for the side 3/4" sections - I used decorative edge punch for my card.
To stamp - first stamp the cake image on white cardstock; than start using your decorative elements and flowers to build and ice your cake! You can mask off areas if you need to- instead I used color from my copic pens, to fill in and hide the background lines from the cake.
Fussy cut out your cake and mount on the Patterned cake paper included in your kit. To add some additional sugar and spice, I used my Clear glitter Wink of Stella pen. I put a few pearl accents also from the kit, on some of my flowers. The plate I colored with the Silver glitter Wink of Stella pen, and finally added a label for my stamped phrase Make Life Sweet.
Here's a closer look!
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your day! Maybe get your kits out and decorate a few cakes!
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe' -Creative Cafe' kit for May- How Sweet it is!
Paper: The Rubber Cafe' -Creative Cafe' kit for May- How Sweet it is!
Ink: Memento Espresso Truffle; Wink of Stella glitter pens; Clear and Silver; Copic markers
Embellishments: Pearls and Ribbon from the kit
Adhesives: Dimensional foam squares
Tools/Dies: Score-Pal; EK Success- open scallop border punch