Hi Everyone! Can you believe it but we've been sharing monthly Creative Cafe' kits with you for a year now! That's right it's our first year Anniversary!
This month we've got a wonderful set perfect for all those Halloween projects called Cute & Spooky! And how cute it is, and spooky? Definitely! When you take a look at the stamp set that comes with the kit called Halloween Traditions you'll know why. It features a ghost a line-up of tombstones, bats and spiders all complete with their own spider web!
For my card today - I wanted to create my own spooky scene taken straight from a creepy spooky cemetary!
My card is cut and top folded using white cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11" - and scored at 5 1/2".
I cut a piece of purple cardstock at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" to fit pefectly to the front of my card, but before adhereing it to my card front I wanted to give it a spooky hazy look- so I took my Memento Luxe -Wedding Dress white ink and with my sponge applicator inked it all around the outer edtes and worked my way to the center. Than I took some Grey ink (Watering Can from ) to add some more haziness. I love the effect for a backdrop to my card!
The Ghost and tombstones were also stamped on black cardstock with the Wedding Dress white Memento-luxe ink. The ink does obsorb into the cardstock a bit but the effect I wanted I thought it was perfect! The tombstones especially look like stone.
I punched a large 2 1/2" circle from white cardstock and applied mustard seed; citress lemon distress ink to create a nice big golden moon to set behind my layered cemetary.
1. I cut 2 frames from Tim Holtz Vintage Bigz frame die from the black tone on tone cardstock in the kit, and the Chartreuse green layering the black over the greem and offset it just a bit added color to my card without over doing it.
2. The tombstones were fussy cut out as well as my ghost after stamping both on black cardstock with white Memento-luxed ink, layering each over the frame.
3. The center of my frame is a patterned paper from the 6x6 Doodle bug pad included in the kit.
4. Over all of that I die cut a small wrought iron gate from Spellbinders again using the black stripe tone on tone cardstock, and with crystal effects I popped it up over the tombstones.
5. To frame my sentiment 'BOO!from me to you" I stamped in black Memento ink on orange cardstock. I used an oval punch for the sentiment and my scallop oval punch to create a frame punched out of black
6. I used my Spica Black glitter pen and out lined it to get some shimmer. Clear embossing powder would have done the trick too.
Well that's it- I encourage you to get busy with all these great Halloween elements from the Halloween Traditions stamp set as well as the Add-on stamp set Halloween Predictions, both sets offer some fun options for layering your cards, tags or scrapbook embellishments!
Stamps: The Rubber Cafe' - Creative Cafe' kit Cute & Spooky
Paper: The Rubber Cafe' - Creative Cafe' kit Cute & Spooky -featuring paper pad by Doodle Bug-ghouls and goodies
Ink: Memento-luxe Wedding Dress; Distress inks; Mustard Seed; Lemon citrus; Watering Can; Spica Black glitter pen
Adhesives: The Rubber Cafe' -Scrap Happy Glue; glossy accents
Embellishments: Gate diecut; Vintage frame diecut
Tools/Dies: Spellbinders- Wroght iron gate; Sizzix Bigz Vintage Frame die; SU oval punch; scallop oval punch; Sponge applicator